1. Choose Manage from the top menu bar. If the Manage menu isn’t visible, the user doesn’t have permission to create emails.2. Choose Send Emails from the dropdown list.3. Click on the Email Setup tab.4. Click on the + New Message button.
1. Message Name: make this recognizable to easily find it again in the Send Email list when it needs to be reused.2. Subject (Displayed in email): what the users will see when they access the message in their email.3. Access: Users (with proper permissions) can see this email to send out to other members of the group. Choose Group here. Do not choose any of the other options if visible.4. Group: Name of the group who can use this email.5. Type: choose “Class Email” here.6. Email Template: provides the look and feel for the email message usually provides a graphic in the header and footer information. At least one of these needs to be created for the site.7. Viewable for all: check this box to allow anyone (with proper permissions) to see and use this custom/reusable email.8. Email Message: large text area where the email message is composed.9. Add Merge Tags: allows the message to be personalized. For example, the ClassName merge tag will pull in the specific name of a class the email is associated with.10. Submit: when clicked this will create the custom/reusable email. Cancel will not create a message and will remove any entries made.
1. Choose Manage from the top menu bar. If the Manage menu isn’t visible, the user doesn’t have permission to use this set of functions.2. Choose Send Emails from the dropdown list.3. Click on the Send Emails tab.4. Click on the + New Message button.
1. Send To: Choose Class from the dropdown list.2. Select Group: Select the group from the drop-down list that contains the users that may receive the email message.3. Select Class: Select the class from the drop-down list that contains the users that may receive the email message.4. Select Users: Choose the specific user(s) that should receive the email.5. Message: Select the specific message from the list of previously created emails that should be sent to the selected users.6. +Create new email: only use this if there is not a custom/reusable email already in the list. See the next section for more information on creating emails.7. Send at Specific Time: use this checkbox to designate a specific time that the email should be sent.8. Sent from: is the email address that will be on the From line of the email message.9. Send/Cancel: Click Send when the email message is ready to be sent. Please note that there is roughly a 5-minute delay before the message is sent from the system. This delay allows a message to be deleted without sending in case a mistake is made. Use the Cancel button to leave this page without creating or sending an email. To stop an email from being sent, use the cancel button next to the email name on the email queue list on the next page. Once the email has been sent the email will disappear from the queue and can be found in the email reports.
1. Choose Manage from the top menu bar. If the Manage menu isn’t visible, the user doesn’t have permission to use this set of functions.2. Choose Email Reports from the dropdown list.3. View the Email Reports list.
1. Search: Enter characters or words to find email(s)2. Message Name: each row displays information for an individual email based on the name of the message.3. Recipients: number of people that the message was sent to.4. Total Opens: number of times an email message was opened.5. Bounces: emails that were sent back to the server if they are undeliverable.6. View Report: allows you to view detailed information regarding a specific email.
1. Search: enter characters or words to search for a user.2. Email Info: displays Name, Subject line, and date/time of the email.3. Name: user’s first and last name.4. Email: email address of the user.5. Status: indicates if the message was Sent or Opened.6. First opened: shows the date and time that the user opened the email for the first time.7. Bounced: indicates if the message was undeliverable.8. Export to Excel or Print Report: allows you to pull the information displayed about this email into MS Excel or print a copy for reference outside of the system.
Watch the Tutorial Video