As a User Admin, how can I bulk upload users to classes?
Another way to add users to a class in seat management is to use the bulk upload template to fill out the group of new users.
Note that teachers should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign student users to seats.
Before doing a Bulk Upload, be sure there are enough open seats for all users that need to be added to a class.
Use the attached Excel template customized to Faith & Life and Didache users for the easiest process.
Bulk uploading involved downloading a spreadsheet. Filling out information and uploading it back to the system. The following describes the steps to bulk upload users.
- Select the class where the users should be uploaded.
- Choose the Bulk Upload Users option.
- Seats Remaining – shows the user the number of seats available to assign. More seats can be purchased on the previous screen by clicking on Add Seats.
- Download the Template File. This is where you will add the users. It is a spreadsheet. Only complete First Name (column A), Last Name (column B), and Secondary Email Address (column J) . Do NOT complete any other fields.
For the easiest process, use the customized template file attached to this article.
- Save As CSV file as shown below the Bulk Upload Users image.
- Verify that the name of the correct file is displayed and that the progress is 100% Done.
- View the names of the users that have been uploaded on the list. Notice that fictitious Usernames have been created by the system for the students. This prevents direct communication with the users but allows the parent's (secondary) email address to receive system communication such as login and class information. Note the user information can be edited or the user can be removed. Use the Edit and Remove buttons in each row to change the user’s information or remove them from the list. There is an image below that describes the rules for the Edit capability.
- Click Submit if everything looks correct to finish adding the users. Click Cancel to exit the Seat Management screen without uploading any users.
**This is an example of a correctly formatted .CSV file. Add data to column A, column B, and column J only. Do NOT put data in any other column on this spreadsheet. Use the customized template attached to this article for the easiest process. It has been designed specifically for Faith & Life or Didache users.
When you Save As, you can personalize the name of the file.
Once users have been uploaded, the user information can be updated when you, click Edit in the row with the user’s name. The popup as shown below will be displayed. Many fields should not be edited or are not needed as described below.
- Email – do not change the information in this field. It is the username that will be used to access the system. It is a system generated username designed to prevent emails from going directly to the student user.
- First Name – Correct any issues with the user’s first name.
- Last Name – Correct any issues with the user’s last name.
- Coupon Code – do not edit this field. It is how users are assigned seats in the correct class.
- Secondary Email – update this field as needed to the correct Parent(Secondary) Email to ensure that communication is received by the parent/guardian.
- Click Submit to save the updated information.
- Use the “X” at the top right of the screen to close the screen without saving.
User Admin Toolkit
Click on the topic below to directly access the User Admin "how to" articles. Check back periodically as new articles are being added weekly. Best Practices for ordering courses and seats Common Tasks Where to find the User Admin pages Student ...
As a User Admin, how can I add users individually to classes?
Note that teachers should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign student users to seats. Another way to add users to the ...
As a User Admin, how can I unlock users?
When a user enters the wrong password several times, their account can become locked. Using the steps below, it is easy to unlock their account and send them a login email to get them started again. Log in with your user admin username and ...
As a User Admin, where can I find the user admin pages?
As a user admin, you have a menu labeled Manage located in the top menu bar of every page. 1. Search: Provides a quick way to find students across your groups. 2. Users: Shows all the students in your group and allows you to update ...
As a User Admin, how can I assign existing users to a new class?
Note that catechists/instructors should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign existing student users to seats. Also, note ...