As a User Admin, how can I assign existing users to a new class?
Note that catechists/instructors should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign existing student users to seats.
Also, note that users cannot be assigned to classes unless there are open seats. Use Add Seats as described above to purchase more seats for an existing class. Otherwise, buy seats for a new class from the MCFD store.
Click Add Users to open the class and assign the available seats. There are 3 ways to assign students to class seats.
Below are the steps to add users that are already in the system and have previously been assigned a class. This is an easy way to move students from one grade to the next.
- Class – Select the class where users should be assigned seats.
- Add Users from Existing Class – simply click and a list of users that have not been assigned to any will be displayed.
- Seats Remaining – Shows the number of open seats for the selected class.
- Search – Optional search by a user that can be filtered by class.
- User list – shows the specific users available to be assigned to the selected class. Click the checkbox next to the name(s).
- Click Submit to assign the users to the seats for the selected class. Click Cancel to leave Seat Management without assigning any users.
User Admin Toolkit
Click on the topic below to directly access the User Admin "how to" articles. Check back periodically as new articles are being added weekly. Best Practices for ordering courses and seats Common Tasks Where to find the User Admin pages Student ...
As a User Admin, where do I manage class enrollment?
Once classes have been purchased for your group, they are available for you to manage. In some cases, you may need to update the enrollment of your classes – assign users to seats, buy more seats for a class, etc. (See the Self-Serve User Guide – ...
As a User Admin, how can I add users individually to classes?
Note that teachers should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign student users to seats. Another way to add users to the ...
As a User Admin, how can I bulk upload users to classes?
Another way to add users to a class in seat management is to use the bulk upload template to fill out the group of new users. Note that teachers should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management ...
As a User Admin, how can I unlock users?
When a user enters the wrong password several times, their account can become locked. Using the steps below, it is easy to unlock their account and send them a login email to get them started again. Log in with your user admin username and ...