As a User Admin, how can I add users individually to classes?
Note that teachers should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign student users to seats.
Another way to add users to the selected class is to add a user individually. These would be new system users that have not previously taken classes in the system.
To add a new user individually:
- Select the class where the new users should be added
- Add Users Individually – click this to bring up the fields to complete to add a new use one at a time.
- Seats Remaining – shows the user the number of seats available to assign. More seats can be purchased on the previous screen by clicking on Add Seats.
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, and Parent (Secondary) Email Address. (No communication goes directly to students. The system generates fictious usernames for students to protect their privacy under the COPPA laws. A secondary email for the parent allows the instructor to communicate with the parents regarding the user’s class assignment, login information, and status during the course.) Once the information has been entered, click on the +AddUser(s) button to add the user to the list of individual users. These will be added when the user clicks the Submit button.
- View the names of the users that have been added individually in the list. Notice that fictious Usernames have been generated by the system for the students. This prevents direct communication with the users but allows the parent (secondary) email address to receive system communication such as login and class information. Use the Edit and Remove buttons in each row to change the user’s information or remove them from the list. There is an image below that describes the rules for the Edit capability.
- Click the Submit button to assign the users in the list to that class. Click Cancel to exit the Seat Management screen without assigning users to the seats.
To edit individual user information, click Edit in the row with the user’s name. The popup as shown below will be displayed. Many fields should not be edited or are not needed as described below.
- Email – do not change the information in this field. It is the username that will be used to access the system. It is a system generated username designed to prevent emails from going directly to the student user.
- First Name – Correct any issues with the user’s first name.
- Last Name – Correct any issues with the user’s last name.
- Coupon Code – do not edit this field. It is how users are assigned seats in the correct class.
- Secondary Email – update this field as needed to the correct Parent(Secondary) Email to ensure that communication is received by the parent/guardian.
- Click Submit to save the updated information
- Use the “X” at the top right of the screen to close the screen without saving.
As a User Admin, how can I bulk upload users to classes?
Another way to add users to a class in seat management is to use the bulk upload template to fill out the group of new users. Note that teachers should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management ...
As a User Admin, how can I assign existing users to a new class?
Note that catechists/instructors should not be added through Seat Management. They should be added at Manage > Users. Seat Management is only intended to add additional seats for student users or assign existing student users to seats. Also, note ...
As a User Admin, how can I unlock users?
When a user enters the wrong password several times, their account can become locked. Using the steps below, it is easy to unlock their account and send them a login email to get them started again. Log in with your user admin username and ...
User Admin Toolkit
Click on the topic below to directly access the User Admin "how to" articles. Check back periodically as new articles are being added weekly. Best Practices for ordering courses and seats Common Tasks Where to find the User Admin pages Student ...
As a User Admin, where can I find the user admin pages?
As a user admin, you have a menu labeled Manage located in the top menu bar of every page. 1. Search: Provides a quick way to find students across your groups. 2. Users: Shows all the students in your group and allows you to update ...